Let's hear your music!

For "general" discussion of 1958-1970 Epiphones, and/or topics not limited to a particular guitar model or type.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RAB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Let's hear your music!

Postby RAB » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:51 pm

Sometimes we vintage guitar nuts get so wrapped up in the guitar trivia we forget they are musical instruments! Looking forward to hearing the music you make with your vintage fiddles!

Below link is to Juke Joint, the 6 piece Soul and R&B band I play with. Check out the demos page, hope you like it! Best, RAB :ugeek:

http://www.jukejointband.com

Purple Jay

Re: Let's hear your music!

Postby Purple Jay » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:44 pm

Some salty smoky soul, very nice!

RAB

Postby RAB » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:32 am

Thanks Purple Jay, your kind comments are much appreciated!

JimR56

Postby JimR56 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:37 pm

Nice band there, RAB! I'm envious over here, not only that you're having fun with a bunch of good musicians, but the material you guys play. Your guitar work is very tasty. Much respect. Really nice saxophone work too (I like her tone, and the way she phrases). Oh, and of course I love those red Gibsons! 8-)

I've never had the performer gene, and have always been satisfied just making music privately with friends and family members. That's mostly been jazz and standards over the years with family (all good musicians), and more recently some Beatles and pop/rock with friends (not always good musicians :( ). I've been trying to get my older brother (who played in some blues bands in the 70's) to help me rekindle our mutual love of blues, R&B and soul, but we almost always end up playing jazz when he visits. He took up the trombone several years ago (and the bastard can play any instrument he decides to pick up), and his guitar playing has sort of taken a back seat. Anyway, I keep telling myself I should upload some of my solo playing to youtube, but I never seem to get around to it.

RAB

Postby RAB » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:29 pm

Thanks Jim, I appreciate your kind remarks. Yes, would love to hear some of your music! Trombone can be great. Robben Ford had a combo that featured a 'bone player with funky chops! :ugeek:

AlienVintage

Postby AlienVintage » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:50 am

Nice!!

RAB

Postby RAB » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:29 am

Thanks AV! :D