Tone trick!

For "general" discussion of 1958-1970 Epiphones, and/or topics not limited to a particular guitar model or type.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RAB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tone trick!

Postby RAB » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi Epi fans! :ugeek: I used this trick decades ago (gulp!) but just reinitiated it today in preparation for our band's gig tomorrow night. Will be using my '63 ES-355 (what!? No Epi?! :cry:) and '64 Fender non-reverb Deluxe Amp. I am using a short cord (10") to bridge between inputs on the normal and vibrato channels. I plug into the number 1 input on the normal channel and run the short cord from input 2 to input 1 on the vibrato channel. I forgot how good this can sound when you are driving the amp a little harder, working the tubes more and have more controls to play with! Richer, fuller sounds even at low volumes (this is a restaurant gig)...This trick works on any 2 channel, non-reverb Fender amp...give it a try! Best, RAB :mrgreen: