Epi shipping totals

For "general" discussion of 1958-1970 Epiphones, and/or topics not limited to a particular guitar model or type.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RAB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Epi shipping totals

Postby RAB » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Thanks for posting this wonderful and comprehensive information. Fascinating how quite a few models were released in very small numbers! I see my '63 Wilshire was one of 92. Too bad no details on how many were vibrato vs stop tail. The chart shows one blonde Sheraton released in 1962. Interestingly I know of at least 2! The one I had and one being sold by a dealer that is 10 serial numbers higher. Then you have the anomalies like Forum member Jim's cherry '62 Sheraton apparently not reported anywhere? Slipped thru the old Kalmazoo cracks! Fun stuff y'all! :ugeek:

RAB

Re: Epi shipping totals

Postby RAB » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Any info available on Epi bass shipping totals? My brother (our band's bass player) loves his 1964 Embassy Deluxe Bass! He also plays original 1961 blonde Fender P and J basses!

AlienVintage

Postby AlienVintage » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:27 pm

Thanks! Glad you like the info!

I'm going to work to organize some charts for Epi basses and also acoustics as well. So that will definitely be coming. :)

One thing I am thinking about the cherry red Sheratons: I think they started keeping track of the cherry red ones starting in 1967, but my guess is that, for earlier years (1966 and earlier), they were (probably?) just included in the "regular" Sheraton totals (E212T, E212TV). I think they just didn't distinguish between sunburst and cherry prior to 1967 - that is my best guess, given the fact that we definitely know pre-1967 cherry Sheratons exist.

For 1962, it looks like there were 7 blonde Sheratons: 1 "regular" and 6 vibrato. I think sometimes some of the vibrato ones were switched over to non-vibrato over the years by owners. I'm wondering if maybe that explains it? But you are definitely right - it seems to be a less than exact science, for the most part!

Thanks for the feedback! This is something that interests me tremendously as well :)

JimR56

Postby JimR56 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:54 am

Yes, my understanding is that prior to 1967, the E-212T and TV models included both sunburst and cherry together in the shipping totals. So my '62 Sheraton was among the 18 cherry and sunburst TV's shipped that year. I'm pretty sure that the cherry finish was first listed in the '62 catalog: In case you guys haven't come across these webpages with catalogs, check them out: and

AlienVintage

Postby AlienVintage » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:18 am

Good catch!!
I hadn't noticed that the '62 catalog showed cherry as an option. That definitely confirms it!

RAB

Postby RAB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:53 pm

Good catch for sure on sunburst and cherry being bunched together!